Strauch Drum Carder - 200 Series
This top-of-the-line model is unique and comes
complete with the Brush Attachment and all available accessories.
Having a chain as the drive mechanism provides a constant positive non-slipping action while carding and is far superior to belt drives.
The wood frame is solid ash with a warm honey-oak/tung oil finish. The large drum is 7" in diameter x 8¼" wide. The small drum is 2" in diameter x 8" wide. The carder produces a batt approximately 8" wide x 22" long. The frame is 24" long, 11½" wide, 6" high.
An important feature: The tall frame allows the handle to swing freely of the table surface.
This unit is equipped with the #05 -128 tpi (teeth per square inch) fine carding cloth on the large drum and our unique "Slicker-Licker" cloth on the small drum. Designed to handle ALL fibers, including Merino, Llama, Alpaca, Cashmere blend, dog hair and other exotics.
The 6" high frame permits a larger sprocket on the small drum giving this carder a 5:1 drum ratio. With minimal turning, you obtain more carding action per revolution. This ratio produces a beautiful, well blended batt. Two to three passes are usually sufficient for a nice spinning batt.
The "Finest" is also available as a motorized model. If you choose the manual model, it can later be upgraded to a motorized carder.
FREE shipping in the Continental US!!
Special tools included with each "Finest" are:
* The popular Knuckle-Saving-Batt-Pick, an invaluable tool for removing the batt without damage to the equipment or the user.
* A Doffer/Cleaner Brush to thoroughly and easily clean any residual fibers from the carding drum.
* A small cleaner/dabber brush for use on the licker in drum.
* Our Teasing Tool to open locks and tease fiber prior to carding.
* Table clamps to secure the carder to the work surface.
Carder ships brand spanking new from Strauch to you!